Supervisors and managers play a vital role in the success of an organization and its employees. Often times, however, they are not adequately equipped to properly handle the many workplace laws that affect the employment relationship. This class will focus on equal employment opportunity laws, wage and hour laws, and common law theories and case law that are relevant to managers and supervisors.
This program will assist your managers and supervisors in protecting themselves and your organization by helping them develop an awareness of the numerous and confusing workplace laws. They will learn how to balance leading their teams with the responsibilities that go hand in hand with ensuring compliance with workplace laws.
Who Should Attend
All levels of supervisors and managers
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Define Equal Employment Opportunity and the benefits to preventing workplace discrimination
- Describe the most common workplace laws and the basic principles behind each
- Explain why some interview questions may be impermissible
- Apply your understanding of workplace laws to case studies provided
- Recognize your responsibilities with regards to workplace laws
- List actions you will take to stay compliant with workplace laws
Note: This course can be taken as part of the Practical Management I Certificate Series or independently.
Delivery Method: Group Live
CPE Field of Study: Business Law
Program Level: Basic
Advanced Preparation: None