Hybrid Position – Charlotte, NC
About Rack Room Shoes
Great shoes for men, women and children in comfort, dress, casual, and athletic categories
make Rack Room Shoes the family footwear retailer of choice. The company offers a wide
selection of nationally recognized brands known for their quality. Rack Room Shoes also
offers an assortment of exclusive private brands commissioned from the best manufacturers
in the business. Our private brands offer customers great styles and outstanding values,
which translates into satisfied, loyal, repeat customers.
Rack Room Shoes is seeking a Benefits Specialist to join our in-house team. The Benefits
Specialist is responsible for administration of employee health benefits for all employees. The
Benefits Specialist will provide assistance to employees related to all Rack Room
Shoes benefits offerings, enrollments, elections and changes as needed as well as
reconciling all billing. They must possess strong knowledge of benefit administration
procedures with an ability to be detail-oriented and highly organized, ability to work in a
fast-paced environment along with a high level of skill in handling sensitive and confidential
situations and information.
What responsibilities does this position have?
• Administers employee benefits programs, including health (medical/dental/vision),
life, retirement plan (401k), FSA, disability, wellness and ancillary benefits.
• Serve as the primary point of contact for employee benefits inquiries and issues such
as eligibility for insurance, types of coverage and claim procedures.
• Monitors benefit eligibility and schedules and conducts telephonic employee benefit
orientations; informs new employees of benefit programs, policies, and related
• Enrolls employees with carriers and process life status changes.
• Provide guidance to employees to ensure compliance with policy, in accordance
with FMLA and ADA benefit relevant laws and regulations.
• Document and maintain administrative procedures for benefit processes.
• Evaluate and assess new approaches to current processes and issues.
• Responsible for reconciling all monthly billing for all benefit plans, including preparing
invoices, auditing, and maintenance of benefit-cost tracking.
• Responsible for the coordination of payment for benefits billings, including
reconciling amounts, running standard reports and obtaining required approvals.
• Update and maintain employee files regarding the changes with benefit deductions
or additions in HRIS systems.
• Review error reports from various vendor feed and makes updates/corrections as
• Process and respond to all court orders and QMCSOs.
• Run and process weekly benefits eligibility reports
• Participate in preparation and communication to employees about benefit
programs, procedures, claims and any other government mandated disclosures.
• Provides technical support and guidance to employees, supervisors, and managers
in evaluating reasonable accommodation, return to work, and protected leave
• Participate in planning and coordinating the implementation of annual benefits
open enrollment programs for all team members, including the development of
• Process quarterly employee wellness program forms accurately and coordinate with
• Work with carrier to accurately key COBRA enrollments and terminations
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required and minimum of 2 years of
experience in benefits administration
• Knowledge of state and federal laws relating to Human Resources with an emphasis
in benefits administration.
• Advanced skills in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and familiar with an HRIS
(experience with Oracle EBS and Ceridian Dayforce a plus).
• Ability to effectively plan, organize and meet deadlines while maintaining a high
level of quality and confidentiality.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and work independently a must.
What kind of individual are we looking for?
• Professional craftspeople. They keep up with best practices by reading industry
blogs, leading authors’ books on HR best practices, employment law, and usability,
and leading and emerging websites about modern technologies and practices.
• Passionate practitioners. They love all things human resources. They care deeply
about not only doing a job well but doing it right. They care about creating lasting
relationships, if their processes and practices benefit both the employee and the
company, if they are in compliance with current and new laws and legislation- and
they view it as almost a personal affront when it isn’t.
• People hungry for what’s next. They are aware of what’s going on in the field now
and even have some idea of what’s on the way, but they follow leaders in the field
about what they see coming and how we can make it relevant to our business.
Rack Room Shoes provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy,
sexual orientation and gender identity), national origin, marital status, disability, genetic
information, age, military service, or any other characteristic that is protected by applicable
law. This policy of equal employment opportunity extends to all aspects of employment
including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, reassignment,
demotion, discipline, discharge, performance evaluation, compensation and benefits.
To Apply: https://careers-rackroomshoes.gr8people.com/jobs/15516/benefits-specialist