The City of Charlotte is the largest municipality in North Carolina and the 17th largest city in the United States, with a total population of more than 872,498 citizens. A major commerce center, Charlotte hosts several of the nation’s largest banks and technology companies.
Also known as the Queen City, Charlotte is home to the Carolina Panthers, the Charlotte Hornets and the NASCAR Hall of Fame. We work hard to ensure that the community will be a winning city for everyone – a truly remarkable place to live, work, learn and play. Join us in helping to keep our City thriving, ensuring upward mobility and advancement in the workplace.
The City of Charlotte’s Human Resources Department is seeking a highly experienced Compensation Administrator. This role will report to the Compensation & Fiscal Manager and will partner with departmental compensation staff. The ideal candidate has demonstrated advanced level Excel skills, analytical skills, and the ability to work with and understand the needs of our various departments. The ideal candidate will also have a demonstrated reputation of strong problem solving, the ability to work under deadline, be highly responsive, and customer oriented. A primary responsibility of this role is to provide direction and consultation to City departments with job classification and compensation issues.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The successful candidate is expected to perform a variety of duties. Examples include but are not limited to:
• Creates and administers pay guidelines and pay plans.
• Makes recommendations to management regarding new compensation policies and procedures.
• Assists in the design of compensation plans and programs.
• Supports the planning, administration, and communication of all compensation programs.
• Prepare presentations, reports, memorandums, as necessary to train and educate City staff regarding classification and compensation.
• Partner with departments to review job classifications and make recommendations for classifications that align with the City’s job structure.
• Create career paths by creating jobs and job series.
• Makes recommendations and evaluates compensation requests from departments.
• Research total rewards trends.
• Partner with Strategy & Budget to cost out changes to pay plans.
• Oversee conduction of salary surveys and compensation practices of other municipalities.
• Recommend and maintain HR department performance indicators.
• Aid in creating and maintaining market rates in Market Pay software.
• Serves a backup to the Compensation & Fiscal Manger for the department budget preparation
• Serves as a lead role for lower -level staff. May supervise.
Experience with an integrated HR/Payroll system such as PeopleSoft or Oracle and a market pricing software such as Market Pay is preferred. Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) certification is preferred.
Requires a bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, I/O Psychology, Business, Data Analytics, or a related field, with a master’s preferred. Requires five years of related experience in compensation, classification, and analytics. Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, including look up tables and pivot tables. Experience in employee or customer relations. Some compensation certification classes required.
To see the entire posting and apply, go to https://jobapscloud.com/oec/charlotte/Jobs/Bulletin?R1=2204&R2=201100&R3=01.