Events and Meetings Specialist
The International Institute of Building Enclosure Consultants (IIBEC), an international professional association headquartered in Raleigh, N.C., seeks a dynamic Events & Meetings Specialist to join our team. This role will assist the Events department with activities related to IIBEC’s events and meetings.
- Set up and maintain all events in MemberSuite to include education, convention, symposium, online learning, and leadership workshop
- Manage registration desk at convention and symposia
- Process event registrations
- Process monthly online learning sales in MemberSuite
- Assist with online learning course setup and user service
- Provide certificates and record credits for educational courses/presentations attendees. Set up and maintain exhibit shows in MemberSuite, including processing exhibitor and sponsor contracts
- Create and maintain exhibitor kit for convention and symposium
- Prepare badges for all events to include ribbons, registration packets, etc.
- Prepare, pack and ship event materials to/from site location and unpack boxes
- Prepare and email education course materials
- Manage AIA account – submit presentations/courses for approval and submit attendance
- Assist with vendor/supplier relationships (i.e., lead retrieval, shipping, plants, bags, lanyards)
- Assist with product demonstration approval process
- Assist and manage golf foursomes and club rentals
- Coordinate purchase of convention, symposium, and education registration items/supplies
- Tabulate all speaker evaluations and exit surveys via SurveyMonkey for education and events.
- Assist with answering IIBEC phone lines as needed
- Special projects or tasks as assigned
The ideal candidate has experience working in the meetings and events arena and an association background.
This position requires an associate’s or bachelor’s degree with experience in data entry and a strong working knowledge of computers. A positive demeanor with association members, staff, and vendors is a necessity. Candidate must be self-motivated with meticulous attention to detail and the ability to establish schedules and deliver based upon commitments. Additionally, candidate must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and the capability to multi-task. Exceptional interpersonal skills are required.
Candidate must be proficient in Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint. Prior experience with membership database software or cloud-based association software is preferred, or American Society of Association Executives (ASAE) training a plus.
The International Institute of Building Enclosure Consultants (IIBEC) is an international association of professionals who specialize in roofing, waterproofing, and exterior wall specification and design headquartered in Raleigh, N.C. To learn more about IIBEC please visit our website at www.iibec.org.
- Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Health, dental, vision, life, and long-term disability coverage
- Generous paid time off
- 401K saving plan and corporate match
To apply, please send a cover letter (mandatory) explaining your interest in the position and how your experience and training fit the position responsibilities (mandatory), resume, and salary requirements to email@example.com.
While we are located in Raleigh, North Carolina, we will consider candidates located elsewhere for a remote position. Staff members in Raleigh follow a hybrid work model.