Compiles payroll data and maintains payroll records; assists in the administration of various employee benefit plans such as life, health, dental, vision, disability, retirement, vacation, sick leave, leave of absence, workers compensation, and unemployment
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Acts as intermediary between employees and payroll department in Dallas, TX.
• Audits all time sheets before Dallas pulls payroll, such as:
ensures proper time codes are used and questions those that are not
ensures employees are getting a check who should be getting a check
audits all nuances to ensure 100% accurate payroll
• Compiles payroll data such as timesheets, vacation, sick, and/or holiday hours.
• Records data for all new hires, changes, and terminations.
• Records data for changes effecting net wages such as exemptions, insurance coverage, child support, or tax levy payments.
• Creates various reports and distributes each pay period.
• Reviews wages computed and corrects errors to ensure accuracy of payroll.
• Records data concerning transfer of employees between departments.
• Creates invoices for clients after each payroll.
• Calculates and processes retro pay.
• Maintains and submits payroll proformas for various accounts.
• Creates journal entries for all payroll reimbursements.
• Completes salary surveys.
• Acts as intermediary between employees and benefits department in Dallas.
• Enrolls new employees in benefit plans and provides benefits orientation.
• Processes status changes and open enrollment forms.
• Assists employees with insurance claims.
• Maintains files on appropriate documentation for medical, dental, life, 401(k), FMLA, and disability benefits.
• Reconciles UMUM invoice for Short Term Disability.
• Assists in preparing materials and presenting benefit plan changes to employees.
• Educates employees regarding leaves of absence, especially Family and Medical Leave.
• Processes leave of absence paperwork; follows up regarding return to work.
• Responds to notifications from state agencies regarding unemployment.
• Verifies benefit information as needed.
• Files Worker’s Compensation Claims; works with comp carrier re: return to work.
• Provides advice, assistance, and follow-up on company policies and procedures.
• Conducts pre-employment background checks; reviews results; and keeps team informed of any red flags.
• Handles Employment Security Claims.
• Handles quarterly random drug screens with vendor.
• Conducts new hire orientation.
• Processes verifications of employment.
• Maintains OSHA 300 and OSHA 300A logs (EEO-1 report).
• Maintains employee files and other record keeping; files all documents into employee files.
• Maintains new hire packets.
• Creates, files, and/or assists with various reports.
• Handles special projects.
• Handles other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university with three years related Human Resources experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Knowledge of federal and state employment laws and regulations such as FLSA, EEO, FMLA, and ADA
Intermediate level Microsoft Word and Excel skills
Analytical, organized, and detail oriented
Professional verbal and written communication as well as interpersonal skills
Ability to prioritize multiple projects and tasks while insuring all customer groups receive timely attention; strong time management skills
Strong team player with the ability to function autonomously when necessary
Please submit email to firstname.lastname@example.org.