Ascendum Machinery is looking for an experienced Payroll Specialist to join the Human Resources team in their Huntersville, NC corporate office. This position is a flexible hybrid position with great benefits, pay and a company culture that puts employees first.
The Payroll Specialist is responsible for timely and accurate processing and reconciliation of payroll on a bi-weekly basis. Serves as the Payroll/HRIS system administrator and works with vendors to resolve any interface issues.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Satisfactorily performing and/or achieving the following Responsibilities are essential duties of the job.
• Prepares, documents, distributes and reconciles bi-weekly payroll in an accurate and timely manner.
• Completes benefits administration including new hire enrollment and annual open enrollment.
• Serves as the Payroll/HRIS system administrator (ADP).
• Creates reports including 401k, HSA, general ledger and tax filings for accounting department as well as outside vendors.
• Maintains up to date knowledge of all payroll regulation and provisions in all states in which Ascendum operates.
• Responds to employee questions and requests regarding payroll, deductions, or HRIS system.
• Manages all payroll deductions including, 401k loans, garnishments, benefits and taxes.
• Completes monthly and annual reconciliations.
• Works with ADP to compile and distribute year-end reports and tax information.
• Ensure all administrative functions are completed in a timely manner.
• Responds positively to other duties that may be assigned in the scope of the job.
• Assists employees with questions regarding system use.
• Seeks formal and informal performance assessments, including performance versus expectations.
• Actively participates in required training, development programs, and electives as suits one’s needs.
EXPERIENCE/COMPETENCIES/PROFICIENCIES – Satisfactorily achieving and/or meeting the following Experience, Competencies, and Proficiencies that are essential duties of the job:
• Experience and/or Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business, Accounting, Finance or other relate field. 5+ years as a payroll professional processing multi-state payroll.
• Computer Skills: The employee can use the equipment and software required to accomplish the responsibilities of this position. Strong knowledge of Microsoft Products such as Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• CPP Highly Preferred
• ADP Workforce Now Payroll Experience Highly Preferred
• Knowledge of all laws and regulations regarding payroll and maintains knowledge through continuing education
• Possesses strong attention to detail
• Raises issues and concerns promptly
• Possesses good interpersonal skills
• Possesses strong verbal and written communication skills
• Documents work in a clear and concise manner
• Possesses and maintains a high degree of confidentiality
• Possesses and maintains an approachable and friendly demeanor
• Works independently with minimal direction and oversight
• Proven ability to complete work with energy and enthusiasm
• Customer orientation toward service and building relationships
PAY AND BENEFITS –
• Competitive pay
• Medical, dental and vision plans on day of hire
• Company paid life insurance
• Company paid accidental death and dismemberment
• Company paid short-term and long term disability
• Supplemental life insurance, Accident Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance
• Flexible spending account or health savings account
• 401k retirement savings with a generous match
• Paid time off and holidays
For more information about us, please view our website at www.ascendummachinery.com.