Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is more than just a “program” in your organization.
It’s a culture shift, a way of thinking, and an integral part of HR and business practices. With all of DEI’s moving parts, it requires continuous learning both individually and as an organization.
Every business, no matter the size, should assess their current DEI situation to improve and support diversity within their organization. Inclusion is vital to competing in today’s professional world.
Why Diversity, Equity and Inclusion?
- Customers are best supported by a company with diverse ideas, cultures and socio-economic backgrounds. Differences in approach create more comprehensive solutions.
- Your business will be more relatable. Customers will better identify with your company, and your products will be made for a diverse set of needs.
- Employee morale is damaged by the feeling of being an “other.” Turnover and productivity can be seriously impacted. Everyone is impacted by a non-diverse culture.
- It’s just what’s right. DEI is deeply intertwined with social change, and to stay relevant, compliant and competitive, your business needs to reflect the population.
- Catapult reviews Unconscious Bias and Diversity, Equity and Inclusion and explains the differences between prejudice and unconscious bias.
- Have questions about how to resolve employee concerns related to this topic? Reach out to your HR Advisor to learn more.
- Take your team further by searching our classes and events for Catapult’s popular DEI training courses.
- Articles related to DEI:
Where should employers even start in assessing their DEI standards? How does an HR professional begin to implement a stronger DEI strategy?
Use our checklists below! This three-part journey guides employers through their DEI journey.
- Bias Interrupters offers Organizational Toolkits for a variety of DEI purposes. These are great, free resources for tools and templates.
- LinkedIn provides a free Writing Inclusive Job Descriptions guide
- The US Chamber provides an Equality of Opportunity Toolkit for Social Media