When senior executives are asked about their greatest concerns, staffing is always on the top of the list.
Hiring the right people is key to your organization’s success in so many ways.
- Productivity and Morale: It is time-consuming and emotionally draining to “fix” a poor hire.
- Turnover: Turnover costs your company in productivity and in time spent recruiting, training and in “getting someone up to speed.”
- Customer Expectations: Choosing the wrong person impacts your company’s deliverables.
- Building a Diverse Team: Energy and innovation come from new ideas, unique styles of work and a wide range of backgrounds. Studies show a positive impact on morale and customer satisfaction if you take the opportunity to connect with diversity candidates.
Recruiting should be a key focus in strategic planning meetings, and the plan for the organization should be updated and revised on an ongoing basis.
- Catapult’s Recruiting Process FAQ walks you through information related to key recruiting topics:
- Job posting
- Application review
- Legal interviewing
- Reference/Background/Drug Screening
- Offer Letters
- The EEOC’s Considerations on Arrest and Convictions in Hiring provides guidance on using the Green Factors in making hiring decisions related to conviction and arrest records.
Catapult provides the following templates if you need a starting point for your own tools:
The basics are just a starting place. If you wish to explore further, check out this information:
- Catapult partners with the Predictive Index for validated tools (assessments and interview guides) that help you hire right – click here.
- Catapult offers an Applicant Tracking System which provides:
- Applications which allow applicants to quickly apply and reapply online.
- Tools to quickly screen applicants.
- Easy methods to engage quickly with applicants.
- A link to our AAP system for Federal Contractors and Subcontractors.
- A link to Catapult ’s background checking and HCM software.
- Catapult offers an in-house Background Checking Service – click here – which can assist with:
- Reference checks.
- Background checks (criminal, credit, etc.)
- I-9 and E-verify tools.
- Catapult provides recruitment support and executive search through our Recruiting Consultants.
- Catapult offers training on hiring – click here to search for courses.
- Catapult offers support in creating a Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Plan to ensure diverse new hires that contribute in unique ways to your company’s success. See our DE&I toolkit.