Employees will not be successful if the following performance elements are not in place:
- Great onboarding (see separate toolkit) to include:
- A strong understanding of your company’s values and culture
- An understanding of their job and what success looks like in their role
- An idea of career progression and other opportunities
- A knowledge of the progressive corrective action process
- Training in their role
- Continual feedback, to include quarterly check-ins for seasoned employees.
- Immediate, targeted feedback provided in a positive way when performance and behaviors are not in alignment with expectations
How can you achieve all these goals? Well-trained managers! So, don’t forget that every manager from the CEO to the line level supervisor should have training. This gets everyone on the same page, holding each other accountable for managing with values and addressing issues promptly.
- Catapult’s Job Descriptions FAQ provides you with the following information:
- Why Job Descriptions are Important
- How Job Descriptions Fit into Performance Management
- How to Create a Job Description
- Catapult’s Performance Management FAQ includes the following information:
- Onboarding and Appraisals
- Performance Issues
- Progressive Corrective Action
- Catapult’s Employee Retention and Turnover FAQ can help you understand the impact of turnover and the things you can do to increase retention for good employees.
APPRAISALS AND REVIEWS
- Catapult’s Quarterly Check-in Review Form
- Catapult’s Performance Review Form
- Catapult’s Individual Development Plan and Individual Development Guide may be used when you seek to develop a staff member. The Employee IDP Guide can help your employee be an active part of the process.
- Catapult’s Assessments and Coaching Services: One of the most difficult employee relations issues is poor or misunderstood communication between staff or between employees and their managers. Catapult believes that using behavioral/personality tools can assist staff in understanding their own and others’ core traits to allow them to adjust their behaviors for optimal team performance.
- Catapult’s Management Advantage Training.
- The Bureau of Labor Statistics Occupational Outlook Handbook also describes a variety of duties related to most job types.
- O*Net online provides information on work environment, physical requirements and a variety of duties.