Catapult Membership FAQ
With a wide range of exclusive benefits, Catapult membership can make your workplace more effective and your employees more successful.
Frequently asked questions
Catapult is an employers’ association dedicated to supporting and empowering forward-thinking organizations.
We provide employers with the confidence to navigate everyday operational challenges, making workplaces more effective and employees more successful.
We also provide resources and expertise in organizational development, benefits, recruiting, HR compliance and operations, and other areas that augment and expand member companies’ HR teams. We can partner with your current HR team through short- and long-term engagements focused on areas where you need support and assistance. To find out how we can help, call us at (866) 440-0302.
Our Standard membership plan offers many tools and benefits you’ll use every day:
- Unlimited 24/7 HR Advice
- 5 hours of Employment Law Advice
- Members who need more than 5 hours will pay a discounted rate of $300/hour
- Member Navigators
- Evergreen Local & National Data (Payscale)
- Discounts on comprehensive, real-time data (Payscale Peer)
- $150/year: Survey participants.
- $400/year: Non-participants
- HR Policy and Benefits Data
- Workplace Culture & Pay Practices
- Employee Lifecycle
- Time Off & Holiday Practices
- Healthcare Benefits & Costs
- National Business Trends (EAA - Employer Associations of America)
- Wage and Salary Data
- National IT & Engineering
- National Sales Compensation
- NC, National Wage & Salary
- National Executive Compensation
- Compensation Trends and Tools
- Compensation Trends Survey – 1st 30 Questions
- Bureau of Labor Statistics Salary Data
- Compliance Tools and Resources
- Comprehensive HR Portal w/ State Law Comparison Tool
- Catapult Employment Law Guide
- State & Federal Posters
- Employee Handbook Template
- Events & Education
- Peer Connections/Roundtables
- Free Virtual Events – compliance & best practices
- Learning & Consulting Services Discounts (15–25%)
- (12) HRCI Credit Hours Per Person/3-Year Cycle (aPHR®/PHR®/SPHR®/GPHR®)
- $50 HRCI Exam Fee Discount Per Person (aPHR®/PHR®/SPHR®/GPHR®)
- Member Alerts & Newsletters
Visit our Membership Benefits page for details.
Our Premium membership includes:
- ALL Standard membership benefits
- Dedicated HR Advisor
- Unlimited Employment Law Advice
- Full access to Payscale Peer — real-time local and national data at no additional cost
- Customized Services:
- Full Handbook Review or Mini HR Audit
- Annual Employee Engagement Survey
- Personalized Compliance Training
Visit our Membership Benefits page for details.
Visit our Membership Benefits page for additional information.
Our team is happy to walk you through each of the membership benefits in more detail. Please complete the form at the bottom of the page and we will follow up soon.
Catapult members have free access to some of our most popular and vital resources, including our unlimited HR advice, employment law advice (see terms for details), annual research reports and benchmarking data, plus member roundtables and networking events.
Other services, such as background checking, recruiting, HR technology, and benefits administration, are available at discounted rates.
Your annual membership dues are just a fraction of what it would cost for your company to hire a full-time, mid-level HR professional or seek counsel from an employment law attorney.
In return, you gain access to expert 24/7 HR advice, trusted employment law advice, annual research reports, plus members-only educational and networking events, and more.
The benefits you receive quickly outpace the cost of membership. For example, you’ll receive access to all of our annual research reports, including the National Wage and Salary Survey, NC Healthcare Benefits and Cost Survey, and NC Policies and Benefits survey — a $7,000 value — at no charge.
Our Employment Law Advice is a tremendous benefit when you consider the average employment lawyer in North Carolina can change $500+ per hour — and employment-related lawsuits take an average of 318 days to resolve, with average costs of $160,000 in attorney and settlement fees. (Source: Hiscox 2017)
Your membership gives you access to a team of HR experts that partner with you to solve problems. When you consider the cost of just a few hours with an attorney or the months of time you’d need to invest in benchmarking compensation standards for your industry, the value of Catapult membership is clear.
Companies join Catapult, not individual employees. When your organization becomes a member company, you’ll designate a team member as the main point of contact within your organization. They will receive our communications, and they can share the resources and membership benefits across your organization. That person also may designate other members of the team to access member benefits or simply receive our member alerts.
Because companies join Catapult, not individuals, membership remains with the company. If you accept a new position at another organization and they are not yet a member, we hope you’ll share your positive Catapult experiences with the leadership team and explain why they should consider membership.
Our HR Advice Helpline and Employment Law Advice are exclusive to members, as are select events, peer roundtables, and Catapult networking opportunities.
Our add-on services, including outsourced HR, recruiting, benefits administration, and more are available to non-member organizations — but only our members receive discounts of 15–20%.
Let’s discuss how Catapult membership can meet your unique needs. Our team is here to help. No hurry, no pressure, no commitment.